Saturday 4 January 2014

Fish & Chips


The Slimming World way!


Two posts in a day?! How very unlike me, to be on top of things! I figure it will be simpler to have the soup & dinner as separate posts. Easier to find the recipes and whatnot.

So being the start of a new year, we had the usual 'back-to-basics' talk at group this week. It's the talk that new members get, and it's actually pretty inspiring to hear it again after being on the plan for a while. It reminds you why you joined in the first place! I spent the evening salivating over all the food I'm planning to make in the near future. The talk made me want to just walk out and get cooking! 

So here's the first meal on plan of the new year, that isn't soup.


SW Fish & Chips

Syn free on Extra Easy (if using the bread as HEB)

Fish & chips. Good times all round. I've had some white fish fillets in the freezer for a while now so decided it was finally their time. Plus the recent acquisition of a blender got me considering breadcrumbs, which were so, so easy. 

Chips

I don't even bother to peel or parboil any more. Just chop into chip shapes, spray a tray with Frylight, put the chips on, spray a little more, then bake. I usually add mixed herbs & a liberal sprinkling of garlic powder, because I like herby, garlicky chips.

They take about 45 minutes at 180'C.

Fish

I put 2 slices of Warburton's Wholemeal Bread (400g medium loaf) into the blender, along with a good sprinkling of mixed herbs. The other pot is one beaten egg. All set to go! I dunked the fish into the egg, making sure it was good and covered. And then into the breadcrumbs.

Stick it on the tray. Cook for 20 minutes.


I added a few shreds of cheese in the last 5 minutes of cooking the fish. Nowhere near a dent in my HEA choice, So there's still plenty left for eating chunks of later.
I went with cucumber & raw carrot for my 1/3 superfree, 'cause that's how I roll. Also not pictured, as I didn't even use half of the breadcrumbs, I had a single slice of bread (HEB) with butter (2 & 1/2 syns). 
Tasty :)

     - Sam







1 comment:

  1. This is one of our favorites but love the addition of a little cheese - taste goes such a long way and you're right, hardly a debt in the HEA

    ReplyDelete