Wednesday 19 February 2014

Displaying my Love for School!

So I work in a school. I can't remember if I mentioned that before.

I just wanted to show off a couple of displays that I'm particularly proud of this year. And that I never want to replicate because I'm sick of cutting, laminating and cutting again.

Here's my most recent board, my Writing board:
Yes, I know the i's are weirdly sized. I don't even care anymore. So it's just a general 'VCHOP' (Vocabulary, Connectives, Handwriting, Openers, Punctuation) board. Our theme this term is 'The Natural World' so I wanted everything to be connected to that. Also, I didn't just want a wall of words under headings, my littlies wouldn't be able to use that very well. This way, I can say 'I want you to use a leaf word', or 'make sure you're starting with a good rain word'. Makes it a bit more visual for their small minds (well that's the idea).

As an added extra it's also got 2 of the sounds we're working on that week. I usually add one myself, and they come along and add their own. 



And this is the 2nd board, one I've had up since September, but due to the nature of it, it changes all the time.


This is our 'This Week' board. Our first term's topic was Superheroes, so I wanted this board to have a comic book-like style to it. 

The 'Superhero' of the week gets to do special jobs like take the register to the office and help put out people's things at the end of the day.

The 'Sounds' are the phonemes we are learning/focusing on that week, the 'Number' is a randomly chosen number and the children can tell me different facts about it and how to make it, the 'Words' are the Tricky/High Frequency Words that we are focusing on, and the rest is pretty self explanatory. 

I try to keep the rest linked with that week's learning, we read Roald Dahl as a class so often come across good idioms to add, and the animal is usually chosen by the Superhero.


So there you have it. Some school stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment